Through fun and practical hands-on learning, members will be supported as they practice effective methods of setting goals, proper planning and working to achieve desired outcomes. Group members will acquire helpful skills and strategies to predict possible outcomes, and will be supported with identifying and executing responses, problem solving and evaluation.
Members will learn and practice evaluating successes and identifying challenges. Self-awareness and self-monitoring skills will be addressed. Parents and caregivers will be provided with tools and recommendations for skills maintenance and continued learning.
Who should enroll?
Adolescents and teens who:
- Often lose or misplace materials and assignments
- Typically leave things to the last minute
- Often require repeated warnings or prompts
- Seem to struggle with summarizing orally or in writing
- Appear to lose track of time or do not have a sense of time to begin with
- Struggle to complete tasks, especially homework and school assignments, in a logical or efficient manner
- Constantly negotiate for rewards and incentives and to avoid tasks or consequences
- Are known to be impulsive or indecisive
- Sometimes appear to lack a “social filter”
Fall 2017 Schedule
Sept 18 – Oct 20 (No group 10/2)
Ages 8 – 11: Mondays 4:30 – 6:00 p.m.
Ages 12 – 14: Mondays 6:15 – 7:45 p.m.
Sept 19 – Oct 24
Ages 15 – 18: Tuesdays 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do groups meet?
Groups will meet at the offices of Meghan Barlow and Associates, 20220 Center Ridge Road, Suite 165, Rocky River. In some cases, groups may meet at a location in the community in order to practice skills learned during group sessions. Caregivers will be made aware at the start of the 6-week session if this will be the case.
What is the cost? What is included?
Cost of the group is $450. This price includes six 90-minute group sessions, all materials and supplies, and a final report including individual performance review and recommendations for ongoing support at home and school, as applicable.
How large are the groups?
Groups will consist of three to five members and one adult.
How do I enroll my child?
See the Intake session on the Executive Function Clinic page.