The multidisciplinary team at Meghan Barlow and Associates speaks on a variety of topics at the national level, including behavior, bullying, developmental issues, depression and suicide, internet safety, and managing peer relationships. We work together with your school or organization to develop a presentation or workshop on topics that interest your group, drawing from our expert team to prepare information that is not only accessible to families, but includes realistic tips and strategies they can implement right away. Examples of organizations we have worked with to date include:
- Behavioral Health Continuing Education
- Connecting for Kids
- Lake Erie Nature and Science Center
- Schools (both student and staff)
- Milestones Autism Resources
- PTOs, ECPTAs, PTAs, Day Cares, Businesses and Other Community Organizations
For a list of upcoming opportunities in the community, please see our events calendar.
Behavioral Health Continuing Education
Members of our team present full-day workshops through PESI to professionals earning continuing education credit on High-Functioning Autism: Proven and Practical Interventions for Challenging Behaviors in Children, Adolescents, and Young Adults.
This content can be modified to fit the needs of organizations or school districts anywhere in the US for in-services and team training purposes.
Connecting for Kids Speaker Series Presentations
Team members from Meghan Barlow and Associates are regular presenters for Connecting for Kids Speaker Series and Workshops. Some of the topics we have presented include:
- An Overview of ADHD
- Behavior Management 101
- Dealing with Preschool Behavior in Public
- Fighting with You Elementary-Aged Child over Screen Time? Strategies and Resources
- Helping Kids Understand, Manage, and Prevent Bullying
- How to Form an Emotional Connection with an Elementary-Aged Child with Social Delays
- Impulsivity in the School-Aged Child
- Preventing and Managing Explosive Episodes in Your Preschooler
- Survival Strategies: How to Improve Family Functioning
- Why Doesn’t My Kid LISTEN to Me? (and how to make it better)
Click linked presentations to see speaker notes (and podcasts, where available) or click here to access the full list of Connecting for Kids previous speakers.
Lake Erie Nature and Science Center: The Preschooler’s Perspective
Dr. Barlow has developed a series of talks for the Lake Erie Nature and Science Center that focus on sleeping, eating, and toileting; language and play; and common challenges in parenting preschoolers. These talks are offered seasonally and can be found on the center’s program list.
Milestones Autism Resources
Dr. Barlow and Associates are regular speakers for Milestones Autism Resources programs and workshops as well as at the annual Milestones Autism Spectrum Disorders Conference. Past talks have covered topics within the context of autism spectrum disorders such as anxiety, social skills, and bullying. For the most up-to-date list of events, please see the events calendar on the Milestones website.
PTAs, ECPTAs, PTOs, Day Cares, Businesses and Other Community Organizations
Team members regularly speak for parent organizations throughout the community on topics like behavior management techniques, helping the family communicate better, managing stress, dealing with anxiety, and fostering positive behaviors and relationships. Some examples of topics presented by our staff have included:
- Does My Child Have a Learning Disorder?
- Giftedness: Identifying and Understanding Your Child’s Abilities and Challenges
- Homeschooling Help
We are happy to work with your organization to develop a talk or in-service for your members or employees. For more information, contact our office.
Back to Services.